You will need:
- A measuring tape or a piece of string and a ruler.
- Your dog standing or sitting comfortably. Make sure your dog's neck is in a natural position.
Follow these steps to get the best fit for your dog:
1. Measure the neck circumference: Using the measuring tape or string, wrap it around the base of your dog's neck, where the collar will sit. Make sure the tape or string is snug but not too tight. You should be able to fit two fingers comfortably between the measuring tape or string and your dog's neck.
2. Take the measurement: If you're using a measuring tape, note the measurement in centimetres. If you used a piece of string, mark the point where it overlaps itself, and then measure the length of the string with a ruler to get the neck circumference.
3. Choose the appropriate collar size: Use our size chart to select the correct sized collar you wish to purchase. Some of our collars may have slightly different sizing guidelines so be sure to double check! It's better for the collar to be a bit loose rather than too tight.
4. Try it on: Once you have the new collar, put it on your dog and make sure it fits comfortably. You should be able to easily slide two fingers under the collar when it's fastened.